Humor is an act of creativity, a new way of thinking about things that adds to our quality of life. This guide provides clinicians and clients with a positive, healthy approach to promote lifestyle adjustment following a life-altering event. As an ideal approach to address complex psychosocial needs, it:
* combines information and exercise in a fun, lively format;
* is full of information on how we are custom-made for humor and why we need it;
* is indexed by topic for easy adaptation to group formats and discussion;
* is filled with wonderful, thought-provoking, life-affirming treatment; and
* has ideas and suggestions that can be incorporated into individual treatment plans or existing groups.
This manual includes activity ideas, suggestions for making groups work, and reproducible worksheets.